By Betty L. Gahart RN, Adrienne R. Nazareno PharmD
The number 1 IV drug instruction manual for forty years, Intravenous medicinal drugs: A instruction manual for Nurses and overall healthiness Professionals is depended on for its accuracy and complete insurance. no matter if you wish the moveable print model or the handy digital layout, this re-creation offers crucial facts on administering greater than 350 intravenous (IV) medications, entries for brand spanking new IV medicinal drugs lately licensed by means of the FDA, countless numbers of recent drug evidence, an in depth index of ordinary and exchange names and extra - all alphabetically geared up that can assist you locate drug info quick and easily.
- UNIQUE! released every year to make sure you have crucial info at the such a lot lately authorized IV medicinal drugs in addition to up to date details on present drugs.
- UNIQUE! comprises thorough insurance of greater than 350 IV medications - giving you way over the other similar handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested web page format keep all dosage details for every drug on both a unmarried web page or a two-page unfold to avoid hand infection through having to show a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use structure provides the entire crucial medical details you would like on IV drug administration.
- Lists IV medications alphabetically by way of regular identify for speedy scientific reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts inside of monographs provide easy accessibility to crucial information.
- Special sections highlight dosage variances for geriatric, pediatric, toddler, and neonatal patients.
- Black field Warnings, screening, and highlighting make finding key details quickly and easy.
- Printed thumb tabs help you discover info faster.
"A spouse site at http://evolve.elsevier.com/IVMeds/ offers signals, monographs for chosen brokers no longer integrated within the e-book, a step by step educational for calculating IV drug dosages, IV drug dosage calculators, interactive IV drug dosage examples, printable common dilution and answer compatibility charts, and more."
- NEW! 4 new drug monographs provide you with present, clinically correct drug info for brand new IV medications lately authorized through the FDA.
- NEW! up-to-date drug monographs reflect the newest alterations in IV drug therapy.
Read or Download 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e PDF
Similar nursing books
Davis's Pocket medical Drug Reference is a short source for the main prevalent medications in scientific perform. The monographs are designed to focus on pertinent info; particularly, each one monograph encompasses a drug's normal identify, model identify, therapeuticindication, pharmacologic category, being pregnant type, contraindications, antagonistic drug reactions, drug interactions, dose, availability, and tracking parameters.
Written by way of nurses for nurses, bronchial asthma Care locally emphasizes the ''back to basics'' technique, that's usually forgotten in a excessive expertise healthcare process. The ebook covers epidemiology, together with occurrence, morbidity, and mortality; the industrial and social burden of bronchial asthma; the pathology and pathophysiology of bronchial asthma; dealing with sufferers with bronchial asthma, either pharmacologically and non-pharmacologically; coping with simple bronchial asthma, all the way through to the extra advanced matters surrounding acute episodes and ''difficult to manage'' occasions.
THE technological know-how OF GENETICS AND copy is a comparatively new self-discipline, however the beginning of kids has been valued and celebrated in essentially each tradition and society due to the fact primitive occasions. there are various expert possibilities within the box of reproductive healthcare. as well as the medical professionals who practice the clinical strategies, nurses, sonographers, and genetic counselors all offer crucial prone to assist their sufferers develop into mom and dad.
A needs to learn for all learn scholars! “The center fabric in Professor Cryer’s prior variations is vintage. I welcome this new version atmosphere it into present contexts. ” – PhD manager “When i used to be doing my very own PhD, Pat Cryer’s booklet used to be my consistent reference significant other. Now i'm recommending her newest version to my very own scholars.
- Health Assessment Made Incredibly Visual! (Incredibly Easy! Series), 2nd Edition
- Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Physiology. A Problem-Based Approach
- Ethnicity and Family Therapy, Third Edition
- Anesthesiology Longnecker
Additional info for 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e
Less frequently reported side effects included anxiety, dyspnea, fatigue, hypersensitivity reaction, hypertension, hypokalemia, hypotension, increased aspartate aminotransferase, infusion site pain, muscle spasms, peripheral edema, and trismus. Pediatric patients: The most common adverse reactions were agitation, atelectasis, constipation, nausea, pruritus, and vomiting. Less commonly reported side effects included abdominal pain, anemia, diarrhea, fever, headache, hypersensitivity reaction, hypertension, hypervolemia, hypoalbuminemia, hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, hypophosphatemia, hypotension, hypoxia, increased hepatic enzymes, injection site pain, insomnia, muscle spasm, oliguria, pain in extremities, periorbital edema, peripheral edema, pleural effusion, pulmonary edema, rash, stridor, tachycardia, and wheezing.
ANTIDOTE Notify physician of any adverse effects and discontinue drug if necessary. , dopamine). Moderately dialyzable (20% to 40%). 5 *This drug is on the Black Box Warning list; however, a BBW is not provided in the parenteral prescribing information. USUAL DOSE Assess the potential risk of hepatotoxicity by determining plasma or serum acetaminophen concentrations as early as possible but no sooner than 4 hours following an acute overdose; see Precautions and Monitor. Total dose equals 300 mg/kg administered over 21 hours.
Edema of congestive heart failure or drug therapy: 5 mg/kg as a single dose daily or every other day; see comment under Usual Dose. Do not exceed 1,000 mg/24 hr. 3 mg/kg every 8 hours). Up to 100 mg/kg/24Â€hr or a maximum dose of 2 Gm/24 hr has been used. â•‡ nâ•‡ Administer every 12 hours in patients with a CrCl from 10 to 50 mL/min. Avoid use in patients with a CrCl less than 10 mL/min (ineffective). DILUTION Each 500 mg should be diluted in 5 mL SWFI. May then be given by IV injection or added to standard IV fluids.