By Tracy Osborn
How you can code net apps and get at the route to development your subsequent part undertaking, your way of life enterprise, or your startup.
Hello net App is written for non-programmers by way of a dressmaker, and should stroll you thru each step you would like sooner than launching your net app reside to actual consumers. No jargon, utilizing uncomplicated and pleasant language.
By Mitchell L. Model
Powerful, versatile, and simple to take advantage of, Python is a perfect language for construction software program instruments and functions for all times technological know-how study and improvement. This particular e-book indicates you ways to software with Python, utilizing code examples taken without delay from bioinformatics. very quickly, you'll be utilizing subtle options and Python modules which are fairly potent for bioinformatics programming.
Bioinformatics Programming utilizing Python is ideal for somebody concerned with bioinformatics -- researchers, aid employees, scholars, and software program builders drawn to writing bioinformatics purposes. You'll locate it valuable even if you already use Python, write code in one other language, or haven't any programming adventure in any respect. It's an outstanding self-instruction software, in addition to a convenient reference while dealing with the demanding situations of real-life programming tasks.
* get to grips with Python's basics, together with how one can advance basic functions
* the way to use Python modules for development matching, based textual content processing, on-line information retrieval, and database entry
* notice generalized styles that disguise a wide share of ways Python code is utilized in bioinformatics
* tips on how to observe the foundations and strategies of object-oriented programming
* enjoy the "tips and traps" part in every one chapter
By Rick Copeland
Essential SQLAlchemy introduces a high-level open-source code library that makes it more straightforward for Python programmers to entry relational databases equivalent to Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. SQLAlchemy has develop into more and more renowned due to the fact that its free up, however it nonetheless lacks strong offline documentation. This functional e-book fills the space, and since a developer wrote it, you get an aim examine SQLAlchemy's instruments instead of an advocate's description of all of the "cool" features.
SQLAlchemy comprises either a database server-independent SQL expression language and an object-relational mapper (ORM) that permits you to map "plain previous Python objects" (POPOs) to database tables with out considerably altering your current Python code. Essential SQLAlchemy demonstrates find out how to use the library to create an easy database program, walks you thru uncomplicated queries, and explains the best way to use SQLAlchemy to connect with a number of databases concurrently with an analogous Metadata. you furthermore mght find out how to:
* Create customized varieties for use on your schema, and whilst it's invaluable to exploit customized instead of integrated types
* Run queries, updates, and deletes with SQLAlchemy's SQL expression language
* construct an item mapper with SQLAlchemy, and comprehend the diversities among this and lively list styles utilized in different ORMs
* Create items, retailer them to a consultation, and flush them to the database
* Use SQLAlchemy to version item orientated inheritance
* offer a declarative, energetic checklist development to be used with SQLAlchemy utilizing the Elixir extension
* Use the SQLSoup extension to supply an automated metadata and item version according to database reflection
In addition, you'll learn the way and whilst to take advantage of different extensions to SQLAlchemy, together with AssociationProxy, OrderingList, and more.
Essential SQLAlchemy is the much-needed consultant for each Python developer utilizing this code library. rather than a feature-by-feature documentation, this booklet takes an "essentials" process that offers you precisely what you want to develop into efficient with SQLAlchemy correct away.
By Mark Summerfield
The Insider's Best-Practice consultant to speedy PyQt four GUI Development
Whether you're development GUI prototypes or full-fledged cross-platform GUI functions with local look-and-feel, PyQt four is your quickest, simplest, strongest resolution. Qt specialist Mark Summerfield has written the definitive best-practice consultant to PyQt four development.
With Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt you'll the best way to construct effective GUI purposes that run on all significant working platforms, together with home windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and lots of models of Unix, utilizing an identical resource code for them all. Summerfield systematically introduces each middle GUI improvement approach: from dialogs and home windows to information dealing with; from occasions to printing; and extra. during the book's practical examples you'll find a thoroughly new PyQt 4-based programming technique, in addition to assurance of many new subject matters, from PyQt 4's wealthy textual content engine to complex model/view and graphics/view programming. each key thought is illuminated with sensible, downloadable examples—all proven on home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux with Python 2.5, Qt 4.2, and PyQt 4.2, and on home windows and Linux with Qt 4.3 and PyQt 4.3.
* Python fundamentals for each PyQt developer: information varieties, facts buildings, keep an eye on constructions, periods, modules, and more
* middle PyQt GUI programming thoughts: dialogs, major home windows, and customized dossier formats
* utilizing Qt dressmaker to layout consumer interfaces, and to enforce and attempt dialogs, occasions, the Clipboard, and drag-and-drop
* development customized widgets: Widget kind Sheets, composite widgets, subclassing, and more
* taking advantage of Qt 4.2's new graphics/view architecture
* Connecting to databases, executing SQL queries, and utilizing shape and desk views
* complex model/view programming: customized perspectives, widely used delegates, and more
* enforcing on-line aid, internationalizing functions, and utilizing PyQt's networking and multithreading facilities
By Kent D. Lee
This easy-to-follow and classroom-tested textbook courses the reader during the basics of programming with Python, an obtainable language which might be realized incrementally. gains: incudes various examples and perform workouts during the textual content, with extra routines, recommendations and evaluate questions on the finish of every bankruptcy; highlights the styles which regularly seem while writing courses, reinforcing the appliance of those styles for problem-solving via perform workouts; introduces using a debugger software to examine a application, permitting scholars to find for themselves how courses paintings and increase their figuring out; offers the Tkinter framework for construction graphical consumer interface purposes and event-driven courses; offers tutorial video clips and extra info for college students, in addition to aid fabrics for teachers, at an linked site.
By Zed A. Shaw
Research Python The not easy manner is a ebook I wrote to educate programming to those who don't know easy methods to code. It assumes you're most likely an influence person of your computing device, after which takes you from not anything to programming basic video games. After studying my e-book try to be prepared for plenty of of the opposite programming books in the market.
By Allison Parrish
Processing unfolded the area of programming to artists, designers, educators, and newbies. The Processing.py Python implementation of Processing reinterprets it for todays internet. This brief e-book lightly introduces the middle options of computing device programming and dealing with Processing. Written by means of the co-founders of the Processing venture, Reas and Fry, besides co-author Allison Parrish, Getting begun with Processing.py is your speedy music to utilizing Pythons Processing mode.
By Mark Lutz
Up-to-date for either Python 3.4 and 2.7, this handy pocket advisor is the correct on-the-job speedy reference. You'll locate concise, need-to-know info on Python varieties and statements, certain procedure names, integrated capabilities and exceptions, well-known usual library modules, and different widespread Python instruments. The convenient index allows you to pinpoint precisely what you need.
Written through Mark Lutz—widely well-known because the world's top Python trainer—Python Pocket Reference is a perfect better half to O'Reilly's vintage Python tutorials, Learning Python and Programming Python, additionally written by means of Mark.
This 5th version covers:
• integrated item forms, together with numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
• Statements and syntax for developing and processing objects
• features and modules for structuring and reusing code
• Python's object-oriented programming tools
• integrated capabilities, exceptions, and attributes
• precise operator overloading methods
• typical usual library modules and extensions
• Command-line suggestions and improvement tools
• Python idioms and hints
• The Python SQL Database API
By Alex Martelli
Portable, strong, and a breeze to exploit, Python is the preferred open resource object-oriented programming language used for either standalone courses and scripting purposes. it's now getting used via a growing number of significant enterprises, together with NASA and Google. up to date for Python 2.4, The Python Cookbook, 2d variation deals a wealth of important code for all Python programmers, not only complicated practitioners. Like its predecessor, the recent variation offers ideas to difficulties that Python programmers face daily. It now comprises over 2 hundred recipes that variety from uncomplicated projects, reminiscent of operating with dictionaries and checklist comprehensions, to complicated initiatives, reminiscent of tracking a community and development a templating process. This revised model additionally contains new chapters on subject matters similar to time, cash, and metaprogramming. Here's a listing of extra issues coated: * Manipulating textual content
* looking out and sorting
* operating with records and the filesystem
* Object-oriented programming
* facing threads and procedures
* procedure management
* Interacting with databases
* developing person interfaces
* community and net programming
* Processing XML
* dispensed programming
* Debugging and testing
one other benefit of The Python Cookbook, 2d variation is its trio of authors--three recognized Python programming specialists, who're hugely seen on electronic mail lists and in newsgroups, and communicate frequently at Python meetings. With rankings of useful examples and pertinent heritage details, The Python Cookbook, 2d version is the only resource you wish if you're seeking to construct effective, versatile, scalable, and well-integrated systems.